Table of content:
1. Domestication of Animals and Their Contributions to Human Welfare.
2. Animal Products in the Human Diet.
3. Feed vs. Food: Do Livestock Compete with Humans for Food Resources?
4. Principles of Animal Nutrition and the Scientific Feeding of Livestock.
5. Feed Additives and Growth Promotants in Animal Production.
6. Environmental Concerns Involving Livestock Production.
7. Livestock Grazing and Rangeland Issues.
8. Industrialization, Corporatization and Globalization of Animal Agriculture.
9. Food Quality and Safety Issues.
10. Bioethics, Animal Welfare, Animal Rights, and Biotechnology Issues.
11. Livestock Integration into Sustainable Resource Utilization.