Table of contents:
Preface to the First Edition.
Part I: Communities: Basic Patterns and Elementary Processes.
2. Competition: Mechanisms, Models, and Niches.
3. Competition: Experiments, Observations, and Null Models.
4. Predation and Communities. Empirical patterns.
5. Models of predation in simple communities.
6. Food Webs.
Part II: Factors Influencing Interactions Among Species.
9. Temporal Patterns: Seasonal Dynamics, Priority Effects, and Assembly Rules.
10. Habitat Selection.
11. Spatial Dynamics.
Part III: Large-scale, Integrative Community Phenomena.
12. Causes and Consequences of Diversity.
14. Applied Community Ecology.
Appendix: Stability Analysis.