Table of content:
1. An Introduction to Taxation and Understanding the Federal Tax Law.
2. Working with the Tax Law.
3. Tax Determination; Personal and Dependency Exemptions; An Overview of Property Transactions.
4. Gross Income: Concepts and Inclusions.
5. Gross Income: Exclusions.
6. Deductions and Losses: In General.
7. Deductions and Losses: Certain Business Expenses and Losses.
8. Depreciation, Cost Recovery, Amortization, and Depletion.
9. Deductions: Employee and Self-Employed-Related Expenses.
10. Deductions and Losses: Certain Itemized Deductions.
11. Investor Losses.
12. Tax Credits and Payments.
13. Property Transactions: Determination of Gain or Loss, Basis Considerations, and Nontaxable Exchanges.
14. Property Transactions: Capital Gains and Losses, Section 1231, and Recapture Provisions.
15. Alternative Minimum Tax.
16. Accounting Periods and Methods.
17. Corporations: Introduction and Operating Rules.
18. Corporations: Organization and Capital Structure.
19. Corporations: Distributions Not in Complete Liquidation.
20. Corporations: Distributions in Complete Liquidation and an Overview of Reorganizations.
22. S Corporations.
23. Exempt Entities.
24. Multistate Corporate Taxation.
25. Taxation of International Transactions.
26. Tax Practice and Ethics.
27. The Federal Gift and Estate Taxes.
28. Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates.