Table of contents:
1. Overview of Nutrition and Health.
2. Digestion and Absorption.
6. Energy Balance and Body Composition.
7. Weight Management.
8. The Vitamins.
9. Water and the Minerals.
10. Nutrition through the Life Span: Pregnancy and Lactation.
11. Nutrition through the Life Span: Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence.
12. Nutrition through the Life Span: Later Adulthood.
13. Nutrition Care and Assessment.
14. Nutrition Intervention and Diet–Drug Interactions.
15. Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition Support.
16. Nutrition in Metabolic and Respiratory Stress.
17. Nutrition and Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders.
18. Nutrition and Lower Gastrointestinal Disorders.
19. Nutrition and Liver Diseases.
20. Nutrition and Diabetes Mellitus.
21. Nutrition and Cardiovascular Diseases.
22. Nutrition and Renal Diseases.
23. Nutrition, Cancer, and HIV Infection.