Table of contents:
1. Conceptualizing and Measuring Motivation.
2. Genetic Contributions to Motivated Behavior.
3. Physiological Mechanisms of Arousal.
4. Physiological Mechanisms of Regulation.
5. Learned Motives: Classical, Instrumental, and Observational Learning.
6. Incentive Motivation.
7. Hedonism and Sensory Stimulation.
8. Cognitive Motivation: Expectancy-Value Approaches.
9. Cognitive Motivation: Social Motivation and Consistency.
10. Cognitive Motivation: Attribution Approaches.
11. Cognitive Motivation: Competence and Control.
12. The Emotions as Motivators.