Table of content:
Part I: THE MANAGEMENT CHALLENGE.
1. Managers and Entrepreneurs.
2. The Evolution of Management Thought.
3. The Changing Environment of Management: Diversity, Global Economy, and Technology.
4. International Management and Cross-Cultural Competence.
5. Management’s Social and Ethical Responsibilities.
Part II: PLANNING AND DECISION MAKING.
6. The Basics of Planning and Project Management.
7. Strategic Management: Planning for Long-Term Success.
8. Decision Making and Creative Problem Solving.
Part III: ORGANIZING, MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES, AND COMMUNICATING.
9. Organizations: Effectiveness, Design, and Cultures.
10. Human Resource Management.
11. Communicating in the Internet Age.
Part IV: MOTIVATING AND LEADING.
12. Motivating Job Performance.
13. Group Dynamics and Teamwork.
14. Influence, Power, and Leadership.
15. Change, Conflict, and Negotiation.
Part V: ORGANIZATIONAL CONTROL PROCESSES.
16. Organizational Control and Quality Improvement.