Table of content:
Part I: OVERVIEW AND EVOLUTION OF COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS.
1. An Overview of Community Corrections: Goals and Evidence-Based Practices.
2. How Probation Developed: Chronicling Its Past and Present.
3. History of Parole and Mandatory Release.
Part II: EVIDENCE-BASED COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL SUPERVISION AND TREATMENT.
4. Pretrial Supervision, Sentencing, and Presentence Investigation Report.
5. Case Management Using Risk/Needs/Responsivity.
6. Supervision and Treatment for Offenders with Special Needs.
7. Community Supervision Modification and Revocation.
Part III: ENHANCEMENTS AND GRADUATED SANCTIONS.
8. Residential Community Supervision Programs.
9. Nonresidential Graduated Sanctions.
10. Economic and Restorative Justice Reparations.
Part IV: SPECIAL ISSUES IN COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS.
11. Prisoner Reentry: Collateral Consequences, Parole, and Mandatory Release.
12. Career Pathways in Community Corrections.
13. Juvenile Justice, Probation, and Parole.
14. Bringing It All Together: Practical Solutions for Community-Based Corrections.