Distinguished by its superior allied health focus and integration of technology, the Ninth Edition of Seager, Slabaugh and Hansen’s CHEMISTRY FOR TODAY: GENERAL, ORGANIC, and BIOCHEMISTRY meets the needs of today’s diverse students with varied applications, examples, boxed features, interactive technology tools, and real-life case studies. CHEMISTRY FOR TODAY dispels students’ inherent fear of chemistry and instills an appreciation for the role that chemistry plays in students’ daily lives through a rich pedagogical structure and an accessible writing style with lucid explanations. The book also provides greater support in both problem-solving and critical-thinking skills — two key skills necessary for student success. By demonstrating the importance of chemistry concepts to their future careers, the authors not only help students set goals, but also help them focus on achieving them. Available with OWLv2, the most trusted online learning solution for chemistry.
Table of contents:
1. Matter, Measurements, and Calculations.
2. Atoms and Molecules.
3. Electronic Structure and the Periodic Law.
4. Forces Between Particles.
5. Chemical Reactions.
6. The States of Matter.
7. Solutions and Colloids.
8. Reaction Rates and Equilibrium.
9. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
10. Radioactivity and Nuclear Processes.
11. Organic Compounds: Alkanes.
12. Unsaturated Hydrocarbons.
13. Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers.
14. Aldehydes and Ketones.
15. Carboxylic Acids and Esters.
16. Amines and Amides.
21. Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis.
22. Nutrition and Energy for Life.
23. Carbohydrate Metabolism.
24. Lipid and Amino Acid Metabolism.
25. Body Fluids.