Table of contents:
PART I: THE LEGAL SYSTEM AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. Introduction to Law.
2. Courts and Court Procedures.
3. Business Torts and Crimes.
4. Government Regulation of Business.
PART II: CONTRACTS.
5. Nature and Classes of Contracts.
6. Offer and Acceptance.
7. Capacity to Contract.
9. Defective Agreements.
10. Illegal Agreements.
11. Written Contracts.
12. Third Parties and Contracts.
13. Termination of Contracts.
PART III: PERSONAL PROPERTY.
14. Nature of Personal Property.
15. Special Bailments.
PART IV: SALES.
16. Sales of Personal Property.
17. Formalities of a Sale.
18. Transfer of Title and Risk in Sales Contracts.
19. Warranties, Product Liability, and Consumer Protection.
PART V: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
20. Nature of Negotiable Instruments.
21. Essentials of Negotiability.
22. Promissory Notes and Drafts.
23. Negotiation and Discharge.
24. Liabilities of Parties, Holders in Due Course and Defenses.
PART VI: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
25. Nature and Creation of an Agency.
26. Operation and Termination of an Agency.
27. Employer and Employee Relations.
28. Employees’ Rights.
PART VII: BUSINESS ORGANIZATION.
29. Introduction to Business Organizations.
30. Creation and Operation of a Partnership.
31. Dissolution of a Partnership.
32. Nature of a Corporation.
33. Ownership of a Corporation.
34. Management and Dissolution of a Corporation.
PART VIII: RISK. BEARING DEVICES.
35. Principles of Insurance.
36. Types of Insurance.
37. Security Devices.
PART IX: REAL PROPERTY.
39. Nature of Real Property.
40. Transfer of Real Property.
41. Real Estate Mortgages.
42. Landlord and Tenant.
43. Wills, Inheritances, and Trusts.