BUSINESS LAW: TEXT & CASES–COMMERCIAL LAW FOR ACCOUNTANTS is an adaptation of the market-leading Clarkson/Miller/Cross textbook. This textbook is suited for the second course in a business law series (“commercial law”), often a requirement for accounting majors. It covers topics students will see on the CPA exam and delivers an ideal blend of classic “black letter law” and contemporary cases. The text’s strong student orientation makes the law accessible, interesting, and relevant with cases that represent the latest developments.
Table of Contents:
UNIT I: THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. Law and Legal Reasoning.
2. Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
3. Court Procedures.
4. Business and the Constitution.
5. Business Ethics.
Unit One Application and Ethics: “Arbitration, No Class Actions”.
UNIT II: TORTS AND CRIMES.
6. Tort Law.
7. Strict Liability and Product Liability.
8. Intellectual Property Rights.
9. Internet Law, Social Media, and Privacy.
10. Criminal Law and Cyber Crime.
Unit Two Application and Ethics: “The Biggest Data Breach of All Time”.
UNIT III: CONTRACTS AND E-CONTRACTS.
11. Nature and Terminology.
12. Agreement in Traditional and E-Contracts.
14. Capacity and Legality.
15. Mistakes, Fraud, and Voluntary Consent.
16. The Writing Requirement in Our Digital World.
17. Third Party Rights.
18. Performance and Discharge.
19. Breach of Contract and Remedies.
Unit Three Application and Ethics: “Fantasy Sports–Legal Gambling?”.
UNIT IV: DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL SALES AND LEASE CONTRACTS.
20. The Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts.
Appendix to Chapter 20: An International Sales Contract.
21. Title, Risk, and Insurable Interest.
22. Performance and Breach of Sales and Lease Contracts.
24. International and Space Law.
Unit Four Application and Ethics: “Success in Global Commerce”.
UNIT V: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
25. Negotiable Instruments.
26. Transferability and Holder in Due Course.
27. Liability, Defenses, and Discharge.
28. Banking in the Digital Age.
Unit Five Application and Ethics: “Virtual Currency –Is It Safe?”.
UNIT VI: CREDITORS’ RIGHTS AND BANKRUPTCY.
29. Creditors’ Rights and Remedies.
30. Secured Transactions.
31. Bankruptcy Law.
Unit Six Application and Ethics: “Federal Student Loans–Default and Discharge”.
UNIT VII: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
32. Agency Formation and Duties.
33. Agency Liability and Termination.
34. Employment, Immigration, and Labor Law.
35. Employment Discrimination.
Unit Seven Application and Ethics: “Health Insurance and Small Business”.
UNIT VIII: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
36. Small Businesses and Franchises.
37. All Forms of Partnerships.
38. Limited Liability Companies and Special Business Forms.
39. Corporate Formation and Financing.
40. Corporate Directors, Officers, and Shareholders.
41. Mergers and Takeovers.
42. Investor Protection, Insider Trading, and Corporate Governance.
Unit Eight Application and Ethics: “Business Start-Ups Online”.
UNIT IX: GOVERNMENT REGULATION.
43. Administrative Agencies.
44. Consumer Law.
45. Environmental Protection.
46. Antitrust Law.
47. Professional Liability and Accountability.
Unit Nine Application and Ethics: “Climate Change”.
UNIT X: PROPERTY AND ITS PROTECTION.
48. Personal Property and Bailments.
49. Real Property and Landlord-Tenant Law.
51. Wills and Trusts.
Unit Ten Application and Ethics: “Business Planning for Divorce”.
Auditing and Assurance Services 16th Edition by Arens Elder Beasley Hogan test bank
test bank for Cengage Advantage Books Business Law Text and Cases Commercial Law for Accountants 1st Miller download free
download Cengage Advantage Books Business Law Text and Cases Commercial Law for Accountants 1st Miller
test bank for Cengage Advantage Books Business Law Text and Cases Commercial Law for Accountants 1st Edition by Miller pdf
Cengage Advantage Books Business Law Text and Cases Commercial Law for Accountants 1st Miller download pdf