Table of content:
PART I: POLICE HISTORY AND ORGANIZATION.
1. Police History.
2. Organizing Public Security in the United States.
3. Organizing the Police Department.
PART II: THE PERSONAL SIDE OF POLICING.
4. Becoming a Police Officer.
5. The Police Role and Police Discretion.
6. Police Culture, Personality, and Police Stress.
7. Minorities in Policing.
8. Police Ethics and Police Deviance.
PART III: POLICE OPERATIONS.
9. Patrol Operations.
11. Police and the Public.
12.Police and Their Clients.
13. Police and the Law.
PART IV: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN POLICING.
14. Computers, Technology, and Criminalistics in Policing.
15. Homeland Security.